As part of our “I Love Your Blog” series, we asked if you had a post that you wished people would read. We shared two of ours, and plenty of you had a special post up your sleeves. From Cairo to Quito, Nordkapp to Volubilis, you fed our wanderlust. With scenes from Bali and Burning Man, you captured the exotic. And when celebrating birth or coping with aging parents, you took us with you – with a generous dollop of humor. So, your wish is our command. Enjoy!
And we’d love for you to come in through our front door.
- Lynn @ Life After 50 – “This is a piece I wrote in 2015. It was written at a time when I was knee deep in experiencing the challenges of dealing with aging parents. It inspired me to write this piece.” Note to Self – A Guide to Self Preservation in my Senior Years
- Regine @ My Voice My Journey – “My favorite post is The Gift of Friendship. Published on the day I launched my blog.” The Gift of Friendship
- Jo @ RestlessJo – “I wrote a series on my Greek adventures going back almost 30 years. This is the last of them.” A Tale or Two: Crete
- Amit @ Healing Pilgrim – Offers up a delicious glimpse into life in Bali. “Here’s one that I remember, because it was the two of you who had inspired the post!” Parade of Sanggah Penjours
- Alison @ Adventures in Wonderland – “I think the post I’d most like people to read is my final post on Egypt.” Cairo: The Mother of the World
- Natalie @ Natalie the Explorer – “My latest trip before COVID-19 lockdown was to Ecuador. Here’s the first of the Ecuador series.” My 10 Favourite Experiences in Ecuador
- Curt @ Wandering through Time and Place – “People always like my Burning Man posts. This is a fun introductory one.” Advanced Whip Cracking??? Hey, It’s Burning Man.
- Kathy @ My Time to Travel – “I was just reminded how much I loved Petra, so here is that post.” Peerless Petra
- Laura @ The Wandering RVer – “In case anyone needs a laugh, my post about our drive through safari fits the bill.” A Camel’s Tale
- Rusha @ Oh, the Places We See – “We went to Volubilis expecting to see (and we did) beautiful ruins, but we stood still for at least half an hour staring at a mother stork and her little ones.” Staring at storks on summer’s day in Volubilis, Morocco
- John & Susan @ Latitude Adjustment – If you’re ever wondered about life in Colombia, “Here is our most popular and most viewed post.” A Barrio Transformation in Medellin
- Anne @ The Platinum Line – “I invite you to a post from last year when we were free to go to museums and join a walking group. Coombe Down and the history of bath stone.” Coombe Down and the story of Bath Stone
- Gilda @ Traveller Interrupted – “This is a post I treasure. Brian and I had been dreaming for years about driving to the furthest point you can drive to in mainland Europe…Nordkapp in Norway. Arriving and spending the night there was a ‘pinch me’ moment I shall never forget.” Nordkapp At Last, But Where’s The Midnight Sun?
- Andre @ My Blog – solaner – “When you’re willing to pick up my hat, I‘d throw this post in the ring.” Here’s your chance to be transported to the Isle of Skye. I’m Back
- Beth @ Wandering Dawgs – “I started Wandering Dawgs for friends and family to follow us on our RV journey to Alaska.” Favorite Alaska Memories and Favorite Alaska and Canada Wildlife Photos
- Liesbet @ Roaming About – “So, I went through my Roaming About archives (phew, five years of blogging here created a lot of posts and memories!) and I reduced my selection of a ‘good representation of us as frugal nomads to two posts.” S is for Sailboat and The Value of One Dollar
- Jean @ Cycle Write Blog – Jean has mastered the art of creating infographics. Crafting My Personal Blogger Infographic and Bike Touring: Some Life Tips
- Chris @ The World With Chris and Sarah – “Happy to throw a contribution of my own into the mix.” Bill
- Yvonne @ Hello World – “One of the many finds I stumbled across in Venice features in these 2 posts. I was so intrigued by the story, and then to be able to see the actual column of infamy made me very happy.” You were a very naughty boy, Bajamonte. “My persistence paid off, and this post describes being escorted into the bowels of the Ducal Palace to view the column.” A couple of updates. “I have since read that there were moves afoot to replace what is left of the column into its original site.”
- Erica @ Behind the Scenery – “I have a few posts close to my heart (as we all do). One that changed the direction of my life I call “The Sliding Doors” post. I think it resonates with many people and it was published in a Yukon Lifestyle Magazine.” Sliding Doors – Do you ever wonder how your life would be different now if you had taken the Other Door?
- Leslie @ swo8 – “I’d like to share a post I did from our trip to Greece. It’s called Knossos by swo8 Blues Jazz from the album Efharisto in iTunes.”
- Darlene @ Darlene Foster’s Blog – “If you could only read one of my posts, I would like it to be this one about the awesome Easter parade I witnessed in Lorca, Spain.” Lorca Easter Parade 2
- Ray @ Ralie Travels – “My most popular post by a long shot is about the Lincoln Memorial.” The “cave” under the Lincoln Memorial: Washington, D.C.
- Susan @ One Small Walk … after another – “Here’s one favorite, a tribute to a place I lived for a bit of time.” Walking Kherson, Ukraine
- Suzanne @ Life at No. 22 – Get ready for a delightful trip to Taranaki, “named after Mt Taranaki, the 2,518m stratovolcano that dominates the region, nestled quietly away on the west coast of New Zealand’s North Island.” It’s Summer – Let’s go for a Roadie to Taranaki
- Sue @ Travel Tales of Life – “My fave is just from last year and has nothing to do with travel, just high adrenaline adventure.” 🙂 Grandma In The Delivery Room – Gigi Goes On An Adventure Upon reflection, Sue added, ” I realize most people would cringe at the idea of being in a delivery room … This post, written after sitting at the top of Victoria Falls, in the water, was the riskiest thing we have done. Not exactly wise and definitely not covered under the life insurance policy.” Angel’s Pool – Living on the Edge at Victoria Falls
- Peta & Ben @ Empty Nesters on a Green Global Trek – “We have come to think of living in a place as being more of a state of mind.” They had no plans to move out of Pushkar, and rented a place overlooking the Sacred Lake. Right in the thick of things! Living in the Sacred City of Pushkar, India
- Anita @ 100 Country Trek – “So happy to take part in this idea and that you found me and I found you.” She’s taking us to Castillo San Felipe in Cartagena, Colombia.
* * * * *
Many thanks to all of you who volunteered posts. And it’s not too late if you’d like to chime in, too. What post do you have buried in your Archives that you really wish people would discover? Just let us know in the comments. We’d love to read it!
Terri & James