For the past eight years we’ve been on a joyful quest to simplify our life. It’s been a journey that has taken us from minimizing our possessions and streamlining our digital footprint, to downsizing our abode and becoming financially independent.
We’ve done it all … and we’re thrilled with where we’ve landed.
For us, simplifying has meant boiling life down to its essence – then focusing on the people, things, and experiences we truly value. Our ultimate goal is to live lightly on this earth, spend time with the people we love, and do the things we crave – especially, travel.
So we’re developing our Simplify Your Life Series, and we would love your input. Maybe you’re facing some of the same challenges we did, and would like to bounce some ideas around. And if we don’t have an answer, we bet that our talented blog community will come to the rescue.
We know that many of you out there have already gone through the process of simplifying, and you probably have tips to share. We’d love to include them in one of the posts, with a link back to you.
So tell us the things that you have either done, or would like to do. What are your tips that have made the biggest difference in simplifying your life?
• Declutter – home, work, life
• Downsize – possessions, wardrobe, home
• Downshift – job, activities, commitments
• Reduce – expenses, stress, work hours, carbon footprint, social media, food consumption
• Change – habits, jobs, social activities, friends
• Increase – time with loved ones, doing things you love, helping others
• Organize – work, home, paper, digital files
• Manage – debt, income, financial planning
• Streamline – routines, chores, exercise, work life
• Explore – minimalism, voluntary simplicity, alternative housing options
Our aim is to offer a fresh perspective on these concepts. Over the next few weeks we’ll be sharing some of our experiences, thoughts, and tips. We’ll tell you how we did it – from disheartening failures to delightful successes, and we hope that you’ll follow along.
Keepin’ It Simple,
Terri & James